What's up everybody? Well it's been quite a few months since I updated last. I'm finally getting my act back together and getting back to my weight loss goal. I weighed myself this morning and I'm back above the 200s. 204.6 to be exact. I'm not very happy about that but I can't say I'm surprised either. The past couple of months have been somewhat stressful to make a long story much shorter. But I think I've figured out at least part of so I feel a lot better about that.
So back to a life of calorie restriction and trips to the gym. I wish I had the discipline that my girlfriend has when it comes to calorie counting. She counts and measures everything she eats. It has become an exact science for her.
It's funny when you know you've been dieting for a while when you think of food as fuel rather than something delicious. Going to bed hungry just becomes a normal thing. The tough part is remaining disciplined enough not to get up in the middle of the night in search of a midnight snack. I really miss my salty snacks like chips and crackers. But when you realize how much more time will be needed in the gym to offset that bag of chips, they don't look as delicious. I ballpark my estimates but at least for me I can burn about 10 calories per minute on most standard pieces of cardio equipment. If the average bag of chips or can of soda is about 150 calories, that puts me at another 15 minutes of cardio just to break even for that snack. I don't know about the rest of you but I'd rather not work harder than I need to when it comes to cardio.
At some point in my life I'd like to b at a low enough body fat percentage that I could be lean enough to try to enter a body building competition. I still have a long way to go and that ultimately will come down to how on point my nutrition is. I'm not at that point where I feel comfortable restricting the specific amount of macro nutrients that I'm allowed to intake. Like most people I get irritable when I'm hungry and when I haven't had enough carbs I can get mean and snap at people. So for the sake of others around me, we'll save those low carb days for another time. Well it's getting late and I should probably wrap this up.
Until next time, get your sweat on and happy dieting.
- Joel via iPhone
Friday, June 4, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment