SponsoredTweets referral badge

365 Days of Fitness

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Insanity - Cardio Power & Resistance

What's up everybody? Okay a couple of things that I noticed today. You know there just aren't that many good samaritans anymore. But today I saw a lady in a relatively brand new Lexus SUV used her brand new car to push another lady in a "hooptie" into the gas station at the corner. The bumper of the Lexus was definitely scratched but I guess it didn't matter to that lady. It made me stop to think, would I have helped that lady push her car out of the street. In all honesty, I don't think I would have stopped, let alone use my car to push another person's car. That lady should get a round of applause.

Second thing that I noticed today, there was no can o pumpkin to be found anywhere in the UTC/La Jolla area. We went to Ralphs, Vons, Food For Less, Walmart, the 99 cent store, Fresh and Easy, and Trader Joes. Nobody had it except for the last Vons. The can o pumpkin wasn't even in the canned foods isle. It was in the baking isle with the marshmallows. What is that all about?

Anyway, I did the second workout in the Insanity series. This one is called Insanity - Cardio Power & Resistance. It was slightly shorter than the first workout but due to all the power moves/squats the workout could be shorter all while still buring a large number of calories. Definitely worked up a good sweat and I feel it in my legs already.

TIP OF THE DAY:


Here's a new push up variation to try out and incorporate into your workouts. It's called the moving push-up.

A moving push-up starts similar to a regular push-up but your hands start closer than shoulder width apart. They actually should be almost touching. Before you go down, widen the base of your arms to slightly wider than shoulder width apart and then go down. At the same time widen your feet stance so slightly wider than hip width apart. You'll feel like your a large rectangle when you do the push-up. Do two of these moving push-ups in one direction and then come back two push-ups in the opposite direction.

Well hope you liked the tip of the day/exercise of the day. Time to sign off. Get your sweat on and happy dieting.

- Joel via iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment