What's up everybody? Back to the workout grind. I was going to do the last workout in the series which is called Insanity - Upper Body Weight Training but it requires you to have access to set up weights. Right now I don't have an active gym membership due to my low income right now. I watched part of it and it has some good stuff but I couldn't do the workout so I decided to just start from the beginning of the series again. Going to be updating you on my improvements for the Insanity - Fit Test. The protocol for the fit test says to do it every two weeks. I went over by a couple of days but I was still able to show big improvements despite the weekend off from working out. Each of these movements are very demanding. With all the jumps lined up in a row, the jumps towards the end the form was starting to suffer a little bit but I was able to do a lot better than the first time that I took the test. I'm glad to see improvements across the board. Globe jumps actually include 4 jumps per cycle to count for one. So that's why it doesn't look like the improvement is the lowest.
TIP OF THE DAY:
Today, I want to discuss the importance of stretching. Stretching not only helps lengthen the muscles but also helps prevent injury.
When doing very ballistic workouts, like the Insanity series, stretching becomes more important than ever. Stretching at the beginning of the workout after a warm out helps loosen the muscles and prepare them for work. Stretching is also very important post workout to allow the built up lactic acid in the muscles from the the workout. For those of you who don't know, lactic acid is what causes the burning feeling in your muscles during your workout. Also, stretching is necessary with ballistic workouts like these because as your muscles start to grow, their range of motion starts to slowly decrease. If muscles are built up and the muscles are not stretched, then it is more likely for those muscles to become injured.
Well, that's all for tonight. Get your sweat on and happy dieting.
- Joel




No comments:
Post a Comment