Today we're reviewing the next workout in the Insanity sequence. The next workout is called Insanity - Max Cardio Conditioning. Its a 45 minute workout primarily focuses on exercises designed to get the heart rate up rather than focusing on powerful movements like some of the other workouts. I liked this workout, although I'm starting to notice that I like the power workouts more than the cardio conditioning workouts in this series.
TIP OF THE DAY/EXERCISE OF THE DAY:
Push-up abs, this exercise targets the oblique abs in a unique way. It also provides a challenging shoulder and chest workout. To be able to do this exercise correctly you have to be able to stabilize and control your upper body so you can hold it in the proper position to do the oblique crunch of the exercise.
First start off in the normal push-up stance. Make sure your core is drawn in. Use a slow controlled downward movement. Hold slightly at the bottom of the movement. Then bring your knee to your elbow and control the oblique abdominals. Bring your knee back to the normal down push-up position and then push back up to normal stance. Repeat alternating on each side every repetition.When I got to this exercise, it was getting towards the last twenty minutes of the workout. My shoulders and chest were already somewhat tired and I was already sweating a lot. I think I was only able to do about 4 push-up abs reps before I had to stop, mostly because my form was severely compromised due to fatigue. I also noticed that my back was activating throughout this exercise to also help compensate for my muscle fatigue in order to stabilize my shoulders so I could hold the position to do the oblique crunch. All of the abs exercises in the Insanity series seem to shape your abs due to all the repetitions of different exercises that activate the core muscles. Because the movements are done with the cardio, it doesn't cause you to get as sore as you might normally when you do pure abs exercises. The nice thing about doing abs exercises with your cardio is that you are burning the calories to burn the body fat so your abs can start to show after all your hard work.
Well that's all for tonight. Get your sweat on and happy dieting.
- Joel via iPhone




No comments:
Post a Comment