SponsoredTweets referral badge

365 Days of Fitness

Friday, January 8, 2010

Cheat Day

Hello everyone, how's everybody doing? Well we're just about one week into the new year and things are going along according to schedule.  Its looking like a 2 lbs loss for the stat sheet this week.  Will record official weight loss number for first week tomorrow morning.  If I can maintain an average of 2 lb loss per week I'll have lost my target number of lbs in approximately 6 months.  Can't wait to see how far I can push my limits this year.

Workout was good as usual.  Not much to update with the workout routine since its going to be the same for the next few days since it is working well right now.  60 minutes worth of laps and calisthenics.  Was able to increase the number of reps per set.  It was a good day in the pool.

TIP OF THE DAY:
Today I want to talk about a very important concept when it comes to dieting.  Depending on how strict of a diet goal a person is trying to achieve, there needs to be an allowed cheat meal.  If the cheat meal is used, damage control mode must also be executed.  

To maintain your sanity when dieting, if you do choose to use a day for a cheat meal it is always important to add a little extra calorie burn for the next workout session.  Due to the higher intake of calories, extra effort must be put forth so the calories can be burned off and they won't affect the weight loss as much.  From my personal experiences, it is best to allow yourself one cheat meal.  A cheat meal allows for cravings to be met so the main diet can be maintained over the long haul.  It wasn't my intention to use my cheat meal today, but the evening was somewhat a spur of the moment type of night with the girlfriend and friends.  We decided to go to one of the better BBQ places in San Diego, Phil's BBQ.  Portion sizes are huge and it has pretty tasty sauce.  I got the baby back ribs and the girlfriend got beef ribs.



Both were quite delicious.  Granted this plate was quite a bit larger than what I would recommend others to do for their own cheat meals.  This will set me back slightly but I know it can be overcome.  I probably could have done without the french fries but unfortunately they are one of my achilles heel.  I did opt for the half rack rather than the full rack which I would normally order but that still is no excuse for the excess caloric intake.  I very much enjoyed myself with the girlfriend though however. Thanks for the good eats babe.  Don't think I can calculate the calories but I'll be making sure to burn them off tomorrow morning.  Damage control in full effect. :-)

I think were most people get into trouble on their cheat days is they tend to go over board and not realize just how much they are actually eating.  If I were to guess, the meal that I for dinner tonight was probably over 1700-2000.  I ate according to my lower calorie regime until dinner.  Tomorrow, I will also have to adjust my diet and lower the caloric intake to help counteract the splurge.

The way I see it, even while dieting you should still enjoy life.  We only get one life to live so we might as well make the most of it.  This doesn't mean that we can have these large feasts on a regular basis but as long as one is taking the necessary steps and making sure to take care of business afterwards the occasional splurge can be allowed.  Will be putting in work tomorrow and the next few days.

That's all for now, get your sweat on and happy dieting.

No comments:

Post a Comment