SponsoredTweets referral badge

365 Days of Fitness

Thursday, January 7, 2010

Starting "Tip of the Day"

Yesterday was a good day off that allowed my body to recover.  So I decided to wake up extra early this morning to do my morning swim.  After only a few hours of sleep, I woke up and got ready to head down to the pool.  When I got there, the pool didn't seem like it was very cold but the wind chill factor upped the cold factor.  The sun was just starting to creep over the apartment complex.  I could see the oranges and pinks in the sky from the morning sun.  It was very relaxing.  I find that now that I'm getting used to getting up early, if I don't go for a swim my day just seems a little off.  I also learned a new thing about the pool, the heating jets don't turn on until the grounds keeping staff gets to work at a little after 7:15.  So if I don't want to freeze to death, there's no point in getting into the pool any earlier than 7:30 in the morning.  Today I was also able to add two more sets to the push ups and crunches in-between laps.

Today's nutrition wasn't the best but it fell under my calorie target goal.  I have found that my go to snack to hold me over between meals are two hard-boiled eggs and a slice of bread.  Very clean protein and simple carbs to feed the brain.  Rubio's isn't the best healthy choice to eat for lunch but at least by eating during the day I have time to burn the calories through out the day rather than letting it sit at night after dinner.  Here are the nutrition stats for the day.






















So I wanted to try something new.  I'm going to be starting a tip of the day.  Today's tip has to do with workouts.

TIP OF THE DAY:
When working out your abs, don't just focus on one area.  The abdominal muscles actually are composed of 6 different muscles.  So when doing your crunches during your working, try focusing on the obliques and the lower abdominal muscles as well.  What I find that works well is breaking your abdominal workout into three sections.  Try working out upper, oblique and lower abs separately.

Well that's all for now, get your sweat on and happy dieting.

No comments:

Post a Comment