SponsoredTweets referral badge

365 Days of Fitness

Monday, January 11, 2010

Diet Planning 102

So I recently discovered that I can link my Twitter account to my blog updates. Sure does make things convenient. I also got my new swimming trunks in the mail today. Doesn't everyone love getting things in the mail? Anyway, swimming was good as usual. No new variations on the workout plan. But will explain farther down the line. For now, we will go into the tip of the day.

TIP OF THE DAY:
Here are several ways to help count calories. When on the go and eating foods that you don't know the calories for, take a picture of the nutrition label for reference later. Just about everyone has a camera built into their cell phone now these days should it shouldn't be hard to find a camera that you have access to.  That way you don't have to save used food packaging. Also, when packing food to go, use Tupperware with known volume measurements. Use smaller Tupperware so you can fill it completely that way you know how much you're eating.

One of the most important things to dieting is portion control. Having a true grasp of how much food that you're putting in your mouth helps to understand how many calories you're eating. At some point you may feel that you're obsessive/compulsive in the beginning but the more you do it, the easier it will be to count your calories without measuring it exactly every time. I highly recommend in investing in a food scale in the beginning as well. I've been counting calories long enough that I can guess usually within 50-75 calories by how full I feel after the meal. But when I really need to keep myself accountable I go back to counting calories and logging everything that I eat. It also helps to have someone who can keep you accountable to the diet.

Well, time to sign off early. Got to wake up early tomorrow if I want to get my swim in. So I'll sign off with get your sweat on and happy dieting.

- Joel via iPhone

Tonights Dinner:





















Nutritional Stats:

No comments:

Post a Comment