I took a day off from the pool today due to the cold weather. It was supposed to rain today and the sun never really came out in the morning time. Tomorrow will be back in the pool.
TIP OF THE DAY:
Adjusting the balance of your macro nutrients can help you feel more full and help you get through your day without feeling like you're starving while not consuming excess calories.
For those who don't know, macro nutrients consist of carbohydrates, proteins, and fats. The average person's diet generally contains too high of a fat content as well as carbohydrates. When consuming fast food diets with a much higher fat concentration the calories greatly increase. However, by adjusting the balance of the macro nutrients you can actually eat what feels like a lot more food and it will be a lot less calories.
With everyone on the Atkins bandwagon, many people ate scared of carbs because they feel they cannot lose weight if they eat any form of carbs. I prefer to recommend eating clean and simple carbs while balancing them with the right type of clean proteins and lower levels of fats. The reason I say it's okay to eat clean carbs is because the brain needs carbs to function correctly. This is why many people get moody when they try to cut carbs out of their diets. I would say it's okay to eat rice and bread as long as they are not in excess amounts. I love bread so I always try to limit my bread intake to one serving size per sitting. I also recommend lots of egg whites to get your clean protein inserted into your diet. Eggs are very affordable compared to many of the protein powders that are available on the market today. I personally like to eat my eggs hard boiled and then I take out the yokes. It's the easiest way for me to separate out the yoke but you can prepare your egg whites to your liking. Just try not to add too many toppings or sauces for flavoring but a mild flavoring is always welcomed. By balancing your macro nutrients you have more energy and you don't get as hungry or as quickly between meals. I recommend aiming for 60% carbs, 20% proteins, and 20% fat for starters. You can substitute fat for more proteins if that makes your dieting more comfortable. You figure out what works for you. Just keep adjusting your food intake until you get a winning combination that works for you.
Well until next time, get your sweat on and happy dieting.
- Joel via iPhone
Nutrition Stats:




No comments:
Post a Comment