SponsoredTweets referral badge

365 Days of Fitness

Thursday, January 28, 2010

Push Up Challenge

Hi everyone, today was nice day. It's almost warm enough to get back in the pool. I did my workout in the gym today. I've pretty much incorporated push ups into my daily routine. 4-6 sets of push ups depending on how I'm feeling. Today I bumped up my reps to 30 push ups per set.

My food was on the low side today. My schedule today had me only eating 1200 calories today by dinner time. Right now, since I'm not taking any classes this month my day isn't very active besides the times when I go to the gym. So since I was only at 1200 calories after I finished my dinner, I ate a Lunchables that was in the fridge. My macro nutrients would have been really well balanced today but I didn't eat enough so I had to eat another snack to make sure my body doesn't start to think it's in starvation mode.

Nutrition Stats:




















TIP OF THE DAY:

Today's tip of the day is more of a challenge then a tip. Here is the challenge and its about strength and endurance. The challenge is to do sequential sets of push ups, increasing by 1 push up each set. So its going to be a pyramid. After each set, stand up completely straight and then get back down to push up stance and continue the next set without rest. If possible, get up to a total of 15 reps. So it will look like this 1+2+3+4+5+6+7+8+9+10+11+12+13+14+15 for a total of 120 push ups. Try to do this challenge as fast as you can while maintaining good form. If your form is horrible, then just consider that the end of the challenge.

As you guys know I'm a very big fan of doing push ups. My personal best was when I made it to the 12 or 13th set. Can't remember which one it was. I did that when I was in much better shape. If you try this challenge and you have no problem finishing it, do it for time. I guarantee it will get your heart rate up. Its a good way to challenge your strength and your cardio. I'm going to try to do the challenge tomorrow when I'm fresh. I'll let you guys know how far I get. Post your times or what round you get to in the comments section. Let the competition begin.

Get your sweat on and happy dieting.

-Joel

No comments:

Post a Comment