What's up everybody? For some reason I'm extra tired tonight. Not really sure why. Took another day off minus taking the fitness test from that Insanity workout video that I got recently. Was feeling a little fatigued but the batteries are recharged and should be good to go tomorrow.
Well I took the fitness test to the Insanity Workout. Here are the stats.
Fit test
Switch kicks 71
Power jacks 20
Power knees 50
Power jumps 10
Globe jumps 4
Suicide jumps 5
Push up jacks 10
Low plank oblique 20
Basically each movement was supposed to be a maximum effort for 1 minute and then rest for 1 minute. After the first two movements I was only about to last about the first 30 seconds of each of the subsequent movements.
The switch kicks are look like they sound. You alternate kicks making sure to kick on each foot and landing softly on each foot. Power jacks look like someone put a squat and a jumping Jack together. The minor difference is your feet come together when you hands are above your head instead of when they're by your side like on normal jumping jacks. Power knee are done in a somewhat a side lunge position. You bring the back leg up making short of a chopping motion with your hands touching your knee each time. Power jumps are deep squat jumps also while bring your knees up as high as you can in mid-air. So it's a deep squat jump combined with a modified tuck jump. Globe jumps are squat jumps done in a square pattern. Four jumps equal one rotation. Suicide jumps start in push up position and you quickly bring both feet to close to where your hands are. And then you jump up from there, land and then pop back to push up position. Push up jacks combine push ups and jumping jacks. On the downward movement of the push up pop your feet stance wide like a jumping jack and them when pushing back up pop your feet back together. Low plank obliques are done in the plank position and then you alternate bring your knees up one at a time towards your knees.
It was a pretty tough workout. Had I been in better shape I would have been able to do much better. Also because I'm heavier than I would like, my joints got sore from the ballistic type movements. I feel like these workout videos are very cross fit type. It should be interesting to see how my body reacts to the full workouts.
TIP OF THE DAY:
Listen to your body, don't overwork your body because that can be counter-productive to your goal.
Everyone knows how their own body reacts to exercise. If it feels fatigued, give it some rest and a chance to recover. If you over work your body, it is possible to injury yourself and then you could be out longer than if you had just rested for one day. Not saying that you will always hurt yourself if you workout too much, but it sometimes may be necessary to take short breaks to allow your body to recharge and regenerate new muscle tissue that you have developed over the workouts that you have been consistently doing.
Well that's all for tonight. Get your sweat on and happy dieting.
- Joel via iPhone
Sunday, January 31, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment