SponsoredTweets referral badge

365 Days of Fitness

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

When will it be warm again?

I'm feeling very swimming pool deprived right now. I'm still making it happen by going to the gym and burning the calories on the elliptical. I thought that the pool made my whole body tired compared to just my legs on the elliptical. Oh a side note though, I think I should be out of the 200s by the first week of March.

I've noticed a trend with my food lately. The days that I seem to have the most weight-loss are when I eat my largest meal at lunch the day before. So today's tip of the day does not have any scientific evidence backing it up but it seems to be working for me.

TIP OF THE DAY:

Eat your largest meal of the day at lunch with lots of small meals through out the day for an effective weight loss plan. Small meals should range from about 250-400 calories depending on how many calories you are allowed per day.

Okay so my explanation for today's tip of the day is purely my own logic so if anyone else has other ideas I'd like to hear them. So this is my reasoning why eating your largest meal of the day at lunch is effective. So you eat your largest meal of the day at lunch because the average person has their most metabolically active time through out the bulk of their day from late morning to early evening. Most people go to the gym or do their recreational activities in the afternoon or after work. If you eat your largest meal at breakfast you'll feel hungry even with all your smaller meals through out your day. If you eat your largest meal at dinner, depending on when you eat dinner you may not have time to fully digest your large meal before going to bed. Having your largest meal be lunch seems to be the best middle ground. You only feel slightly hungry a few hours after dinner. And you definitely have enough energy to get you through your day after lunch. This tip seems to make the most sense for weight loss and probably wouldn't be as effective for muscle gain if that's your goal.

Try it out and let me know if it works for you. Time to sign off. Get your sweat on and happy dieting.

- Joel via iPhone

Nutrition Stats:









No comments:

Post a Comment